This 3rd class coach was built by The Ashbury Railway Carriage & Iron Co. Ltd. in 1890 and exported to Spain for use on the GSSR. It had seating for 60 passengers distributed in five sections. The running boards, as well as being vital for people to board and alight, were useful for ticket inspectors to pass along the outside while the train was in motion. In 1942 it became part of RENFE (like every other part of every railway in Spain) and eventually, when it was taken out of service as a passenger coach it was converted to an ambulance coach for use in Mérida. It came to the Railway Museum in Madrid in 1978 and was returned to its original state by RENFE in 1984 for permanent display in the museum.
The following table is the total number of coaches in use on The GSSR:
|1st/2nd (AB)||12 + 15||6|